Monday, April 25, 2011

EASTER 2011...

This Easter was a little different then years past due to the fact that we had to go up north for a couple days before. Our great friend Jocelyn was made the BYU cheer coach this past year and has totally turned the program around. She is amazing and BYU is lucky to have her! She asked me to choreograph and teach the tryout dance, so we headed north the Thursday before so I could teach Friday morning. I was very hesitant to say yes because I am a total has-been and didn't feel confident, but I'm so glad I said yes. I had a blast and I realized this old body can still kinda move! Being there brought back so many fun memories! Thanks Joss for the experience! 

I also had the opportunity to go and visit by bestest friend Sadie and her sweet baby Graham at Primary Children's hospital. This is their home for at least the next 6 months. Graham finished his first round of chemo a week ago and has been so sick. The poor little man is throwing up so much and keeps getting fevers. According to Sadie, even a low grade fever is a very big deal and he is immediately put on 3 different antibiotics. I went to visit late at night so the hospital was pretty quiet and slow. Right when I walked in I felt an overwhelming feeling and it brought tears to my eyes. I kept telling myself that I needed to be strong, but it was difficult. It didn't help that there was a little boy who had a halo screwed into his very swollen face and head right when I walked in, and just outside of the cancer wing a mother was sobbing to her mother about her sick child. I just couldn't believe how strong I felt the spirit, and I knew that there were angels in that building helping His children endure their trials. Still makes me cry to think about it. Sweet Graham is a little trooper and fighting the fight! I was sooo glad to get to spend some time with Sadie! I can't help but to squeeze my little Sophie tighter everyday. She and Graham are so close in age and I can only imagine how Sadie is feeling. She has so much faith and hope, and her example has strengthened me. 

We returned Saturday night, and had a great Easter Sunday at home. I sang in the choir at church, and we went home and had a yummie dinner together. I love my family, and I'm grateful for my knowledge of the gospel. 
 These pictures are far from great. Not sure why Dave didn't inform me that I had nothing but shadows across my face. Oh well...not missing much! :) This is after church so hair is a little messy, but I thought the girls looked pretty in their dresses. 

4 comments:

Adam and Brittany said...

SUCH cuties! I thought I only wanted one girl, but it does look fun to dress them alike.

thepainterfamily said...

Tiff you're awesome...certainly NOT a has-been...I bet that was such a great time!

Also, I hope your friend and her sweet little boy are doing well. Your observations of the cancer wing were very touching!

Happy Easter!

5-against-1 said...

Your girls are darling as usual!! Love their little dresses. Great job on the cheerleading thing..that is awesome! I am still so sad about your friend..please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Just Us said...

Oh my goodness, I love and miss that little family of yours. I miss that joint back yard.