Sunday, April 24, 2011

SO I DON'T FORGET...

I just have to write this down so that I don't forget...
A few days ago I was trying to get little miss Halle to eat her dinner. And as I have said before...this is usually a bit tough. After getting her to take two bites she was really struggling. I asked her many times to take another bite and she was moaning and whining that she had a stomach ache (not true) or that she needed to go to the bathroom (also not true). This is not the first time she has tried to use these excuses. So I told her..."Ok, you either have to eat your dinner or go straight to bed." I reminded her that she would be going to bed without dinner. Surprisingly I didn't raise my voice at her and remained calm, which doesn't always happen. :) She looked at me and said, "K mom, I guess I'll go to bed." I thought...ha, ya right! That little stinker went right into her room, put on her nightgown, turned on her fan and off her light and climbed into bed. I didn't hear a word from her. I thought she would start yelling for me after a few minutes or make her way back out to the kitchen, but it didn't happen. I checked on her after about 15 minutes and she was snoozing away. So much for me threatening her to go to bed without dinner. That threat backfired...big time! Such a silly little girl! 

0 comments: