Thursday, March 8, 2012

A THERAPEUTIC GIRLS TRIP...

The first week in Dec. I went on a girls trip to LA with 20 other girls. This trip was all planned around Wicked being in town. Such a FABULOUS show! The interesting part is that I only knew about 6 of the 20 girls. My friend Andrea planned the trip and the majority of the girls are in her ward. We decided to caravan down to LA in three different cars. I had to invite my bestest friend Jamie to go with me and I'm so glad I did. She was definitely my security blanket among lots of unknown girls and personalities. Jamie and I ended up in a car full of strangers but we had a great ride. It was fun to meet new girls that are close to my age and live very close by. Overall, the trip was fantastic. WICKED was soooo good. We had a blast standing on the little red carpet seeing all of the celebrities entering the show. I was thoroughly embarrassed by the girls (Jamie;) screaming like little kids for Manny from Modern Family. I was dying/sweating, but still loving it. Have I mentioned I have an issue with getting embarrassed...It's a real problem. :) 



Days Of Our Lives...
Anyone?? :)
 Ricco...aka Manny from Modern Family...


The next day we had plans to go to the Fashion District. I had no idea what it was, but I was just told that it was a great place for shopping. Jamie and I were at the mercy of our car so we were just kinda along for the ride. They decided the Fashion District wasn't for them so off to The Grove we went. I wasn't super excited about leaving the whole group, but like I said...along for the ride. The Grove is a very nice outdoor mall. We started off with a MAC makeover and it was so fun. I had bright red lipstick and felt kinda sassy! :) Oh ya, but just before that I saw Mario Lopez, and Kimora Lee...and of course the camera on my phone wouldn't work. I was so mad! Jamie and I ended up getting separated from the other girls and kinda got stranded. It was more complicated then that, but it all worked out. We ate at Cheesecake Factory together and then took a cab back to the hotel. That was a dang long 30 min cab ride, with both of us feeling ill when we got out. It was all about the experience. :/ We caught the end of a tree lighting ceremony with performances by several reality stars performed. Havier Colon, and several American Idol and The Voice stars. They were all staying at our hotel, so some girls ran into a few of them.Oh, I forgot to mention...Jamie and I ended up in our own hotel room. We got totally hooked up by one of the girls in our group and got cheap rooms at the nice Marriott right downtown. There was some confusion about who was going in what room, so we just took a key and went up to get settled. When I walked in the room and found out the beds were FULL BEDS, not Queen, we quickly decided we would keep our mouths shut about getting any other roommates. :) So it was just Jame and I hanging out, sprawling out in our comfy beds. We got lucky...  For so many girls, there was very very little drama.
We ended up switching cars with a couple other girls that wanted to get home quickly. Jamie and I were in no hurry to get back to reality! :) We first went to an awesome fabric warehouse that had pretty much every fabric choice under the sun. We spent a couple hours there and then decided to hit IKEA. Myself and one other girl in our car had never been, so everyone else decided we had to go. We told ourselves we wouldn't be there very long, but if you've ever been to IKEA...in and out doesn't happen. We were all starting to wear down after several late nights, but we had a 6 hour drive ahead of us and knew we had to muscle through. That car ride home seriously topped off an already fantastic trip. We all had our phones out finding every old high school song we could find. We were all singing at the top of our lungs having a great time. We talked about anything and everything and managed to keep each other awake. It was soooo much fun... and sooo needed! 

0 comments: