Tuesday, July 19, 2011

LAKE POWELL 2011

 Lake Powell was so much fun this year...although it started out slightly eventful. To make a long story short our great family friend, Jeff Chapman, had a heart attack on our first day there. The men were digging anchor holes and Jeff just felt like he got overheated and couldn't catch his breath. We were doing all we could to cool him down and get him hydrated because he had all signs of dehydration. After resting for a bit he started to feel pain/tingling in his left arm, and we then started to get nervous. Jeff lost a brother and father to heart attacks, so he knew he was definitely at high risk of having one himself. We soon after got him in the boat and headed for the marina. There was a ambulance waiting for him there, but once they saw him they told him he needed to be life flighted to a bigger hospital. He is from St. George so they took him there. Needless to say he ended up having a triple bypass that evening and was very lucky to be alive.  It is crazy to think about how things went down and we were all playing the "what if" game afterwards. He is doing great now and recovering and we are all grateful! There was definitely some Divine help! From there the trip was very low-key. Only my parents, us, and Nate and his family were there so it was a small group. We had a great time and loved every minute!
 Lots of cousin time! :)
 Halle teaching Hayden how to play with Barbie's. She was Rapunzel and he was Flynn Ryder. 
 They played sooo great together!


The kids (and Dave) did a lot of fishing and caught a lot of fish. We didn't keep any of them but that was all part of the fun of it! 
 Proof that my little 3 year old is one brave little chick! This was sooo dang exciting for me to watch! 
Ok...maybe not super brave! ;) She LOVED tubing last year at Powell, but thanks to a royal dump...she is now scared. :(
 Brynlee's first time skiing. She did awesome! She popped right up every time and never looked back. 

 The Chapman's provided these awesome paddle boards and they were a great source of entertainment for my kids. We all really enjoyed them!
 Oh yes... and little Soph was there too. Pretty much hooked to my hip the whole time because she wouldn't go to anyone else but me without crying. *sigh*  I sure hope she grows out of this soon! :)

5 comments:

5-against-1 said...

Looks way fun!!! I can't believe your girls were so brave!!! I used to do that when I was little. Sorry about your friend. I hope he is doing well!! We miss you guys!

thepainterfamily said...

WOW, I can't believe the kiddos skiing! They are so awesome and brave! :)

Oh, Sweet!... said...

You have the cutest kids! Fun post for sure!!

Just Us said...

Sorry to say, but Shayne is STILL hooked to my hip. I should have a massive left bicep muscle, but I don't.
Looks like fun in "Powell" as Bryn would always say. I am glad your friend is okay. Scary!

Camile said...

So, apparently I need to move you to the "family" column on my blog. Your husband's mom is my dad's 1st cousin. I met her at the Johnson family reunion that we had in West Jordan a few weeks ago. So, Dave and I are 2nd cousins once removed (or something like that). My mom also grew up in Burlington, WY and says that your mom is the sweetest thing! Anyway, crazy huh?!

BTW, your girls are adorable! I can't believe your big girls are already water skiing! Your little baby, Sophie fits right in - she looks like her sisters! (I am a stranger to the World Wide Web lately, so I didn't even know you had a baby - Congrats!)