Monday, June 20, 2011

Sophie Mae is 7 months...

Oh how we love our little Sophie. She is a very happy baby and receives several hundred kisses a day, from me, on those cute chubby cheeks! :) She loves to sit up now and enjoys seeing the world from a vertical position. When she is awake the places you might find her are 1. in her exercauser 2. in her jumper (her favorite) 3. on the floor surrounded my toys, or 4. in her bumbo for food. I actually just pulled out the high chair today because she is loving arching her back when she is in the bumbo and making me nervous. She enjoys her baby food...most days...but likes it best when it is mixed with some rice cereal. She LOVES graham crackers and being able to feed herself a little bit. She has mastered the skill of picking up little pieces of food, but hasn't mastered getting it into her mouth yet. She is super smiley and wiggly at home, but if a stranger comes around she still studies them. She actually does it to me too when I am wearing a hat or a bandanna after the gym. She looks at me very closely, and then I will get a smile. She doesn't always cry with strangers, but they don't usually get to see her smiley self. She is a mama's girl and is going through the faze of being fine when I am not around, but the minute I am in sight she starts to cry and wants me to hold her. Spoiled little stinker! ;) She doesn't like to nap very well and it is making me a little crazy. She wakes up around 7:30, goes down for her nap around 9:00 and sleeps about an hour and a half. Then she's up for a couple hours and goes back to sleep, but only will sleep for like 45min.  She is definitely still tired, but I can never get her to lay back down. I usually will try to lay her down one more time, but it rarely is successful. She ends up staying up and then going to bed between 7 and 7:30...which is nice....but she needs to take a longer afternoon nap. Hopefully this is just a faze. She loves taking her baths at night and has enjoyed going to the pool a few times too. Halle can't wait for her to get old enough to play with and I know they are going to be great little buddies. 

7 month stats:
Weight: 15.6lbs (28th percentile)
Height: 26in (47th percentile)
Head: 17.1in (68th percentile)

0 comments: